Sunday, February 03, 2008

President Hinckley-Prophet

President Hinckley passed away last Sunday the 27th of January.  He will be dearly missed in every way.  He was the only prophet that I have known since being LDS.  I just can't believe that he is gone.  He is the most amazing man and I know that this is a happy time for him, because he can be back with his eternal companion, but for the rest of the world it is a great loss and he will be sorely missed.  His enthusiasm for the gospel and his zest for life were so inspiring.  He traveled to visit the saints in other countries than any other Prophet so far, and he oversaw more temples being built than any other prophet.  It's hard for me to imagine the church without him.  If you missed his funeral and wanted to see it go to 
www.lds.org and you can watch it there.  It was a very moving funeral.  So, that was my week: a lot of crying :)

No comments: