Monday, January 21, 2008

Driving Brother to school

Most mornings Lucy does fantastic at getting up early and driving brother to school. Well, this morning she didn't wake up until we were ready to leave, so I bundled her up and took her to the car. Every time that has been fine. Well, it was one too many times!! She cried the whole way there and proceeded to get angrier and angrier!!!! Usually Beanie and I laugh about this, but today, it was not meant to be, because Beanie also started to cry! Well, Mommy kept her cool (not easily, by the way), but the longer the ride was the more mad Lucy was. eventually she started making comments of how angry she was. "I am so angry!" Her little face would scrunch up and she then screamed "I Hate EVERYTHING!!!!" I couldn't help but laugh. She proceeded to identify all of the many things that she hated for the rest of the car ride, either with a scream or a cry. Now, let me clarify, Lucy is EXTREMELY sweet. She is cuddly and my major Lovey Dovey girl. But, she has a temper, especially when she is tired and well, she was tired!!! What a drive to school!
But, the story goes on....
We arrive at school and Beanie starts to get panicked about staying at school. So, Lucy and I stay in the little library area right outside his door. Well, Lucy is in her pajamas, but luckily I am dressed for the day, because we ended up needing to stay until 1:30!!!! From 8:00 until 1:30. Thankfully they had a lot of great books for me to read to Lucy and she calmed down as soon as we walked in the door. Lucy is completely easy to entertain and she can find joy and make a game out of anything. So, that was our exciting day last week.

No comments: